- PAYMENT TERMS: Customer accounts will automatically be set up as prepay unless COD or Net 15 days are specified. A credit application is required to establish credit terms which may take up to 3-4 weeks to process. Orders can be prepaid until credit is approved. COD orders will incur fees imposed by the carrier for check collection. We also accept Visa, MC, Discover and American Express. We reserve the right to add a service charge of 1.5% per month on past due accounts. Accounts which are 45 days past due may be placed on hold and changed to a prepaid or COD account. There will be a fee of $35 charged for any check returned by the bank. 2.5 % will be added to all credit card payments.
- MINIMUM ORDER: Minimum order is $100. Orders placed for less than this amount will incur an additional $5 handling fee.
- PACKAGING CHARGES: Orders for products that require temperature control packaging such as ice packs and/or Styrofoam boxes will incur an additional packaging charge to cover the cost of these materials.
- ACCESSORIAL CHARGES: Off loading charges including but not limited to lumping fees, inside delivery, tailgate delivery and sorting and segregating are not included in our freight programs and will be billed additionally.
- CRV CHARGES: State mandated fees will be charged on all affected container sales.
- CLAIMS FOR SHORTAGES OR DAMAGES: All merchandise leaves our warehouse in good condition. It then becomes your responsibility to claim for damages with UPS or the delivering carrier. When receiving truck shipments, be sure to check the order for damages or shortages before the driver leaves. Mark the bill of lading with details of shortages or damages before signing. Save all packing material. BWI must be notified within 48 hours of receiving the goods any and all damages, shortages, discrepancies or dating issues.
- RETURNS: No returns accepted without a prior authorization from BWI. Refunds and returns are subject to denial if the above procedures are not properly followed.
- CANCELLATIONS: Orders may be canceled 72 hours or more prior to ship date at no charge (excluding special order items). Between 72 hours prior to and the ship date we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 15% of the total invoice. Orders canceled after shipping may only be returned after BWI approval and issuance of a return authorization number. Customer will be responsible for all freight costs (outbound and inbound) and a restocking fee of 15% of total invoice. Credit will only be given after goods are returned and found to be in good condition.
- BACKORDERS: We do not automatically back order items and anything out of stock at time of shipment should be re-ordered.
- TITLE TO GOODS: British Wholesale Imports, Inc. maintains the title to all goods until paid for in full.
- PRICING: We reserve the right to change prices without notice.
- LITIGATION: In the event of litigation, including litigation in a bankruptcy court, between the parties, the venue for such litigation is agreed to be solely and exclusively in courts of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles County, CA.
BWI Policy Regarding Frozen Products
BWI must ensure the safety and quality of all frozen shipments out of our warehouse.
Unless product is being shipped in a frozen truck, BWI advises that ALL frozen items are shipped in insulated containers with ice packs, or on a refrigerated truck using a service with MAXIMUM 2 days in transit. If a customer should choose any other method against our recommendation, BWI, Inc. is not responsible for the condition in which product arrives.
Regardless of the above, products containing raw or cooked meat will not be shipped any other way aside from overnight or 2-day. We will only ship UPS/or own method on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Any meat product that arrives completely thawed should not be refrozen. Partially thawed product is still safe to refreeze. Frozen meat product should never exceed 30°F.
Insulated containers and ice will be charged as before, at cost. During periods of extreme heat, we may consider next day shipments mandatory .
To minimize your freight costs we recommend placing larger frozen orders less frequently and utilizing freezer truck services.
We appreciate your attention and understanding of this implementation.
Food Safety Compliance